APEX Hospice and Palliative Care was founded in July 2012 by a team of experienced hospice professionals intent upon creating an organization where providing quality patient and family care is our primary focus.
The purpose of hospice is to provide individualized and ethical care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical needs of people in the last phase of life, dying from a terminal illness. Hospice reflects a spirit and philosophy of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying. This service makes it possible for those in the last stage of life to remain independent for as long as possible. It emphasizes control of pain and other symptoms and dying in familiar surroundings. This care is centered on the patient, family and caregiver. APEX Hospice and Palliative Care’s staff respects and responds to the unique differences in family and caregiver, lifestyle, values, and wishes.
We affirm life. We believe that through appropriate care and the promotion of a caring attitude, patients, families, or caregivers are free to attain a degree of mental preparation for a death that is satisfying to them.
Philosophy of Care
APEX Hospice and Palliative Care embraces a holistic approach that encompasses the mind, body, and spirit. Our care is individualized to meet the needs of the patient and the family. Our hospice philosophy:
- Emphasizes patient autonomy at the end of life.
- Focuses on enhancing our patient’s remaining quality of life.
- Promotes understanding and acceptance of one’s mortality
- Provides an individualized plan of care for all of our patients and their families without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, arrest record, creed, diagnosis, or ability to pay.
- Offers an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, utilizing the expertise of a team of physicians, registered nurses, certified nursing aides, chaplains, social workers, therapists and volunteers.
- Provides education to assist patients and families in providing appropriate care.
- Promotes the dignity of the human experience.
At APEX Hospice and Palliative Care, our mission is to provide comfort and compassionate care for individuals and their families who are living with terminal illness. Our care promotes patient autonomy and encompasses individualized quality care for the mind, body, and spirit. We strive to ease suffering and maintain the dignity of our patients by providing superior quality care. It is the goal of APEX Hospice and Palliative Care to maintain the highest ethical and moral standards and exhibit the utmost professionalism, compassion and concern towards patients, families, and fellow employees.