Collaboration of Care
Over the years, there are not many healthcare items that have become more important than Collaboration of Care. APEX Hospice and Palliative Care provides ongoing education to our employees to assure they understand the impact of evolving regulations and expectations for all healthcare entities and their role as a hospice employee. APEX Hospice and Palliative Care aims to improve patient outcomes through inter-professional cooperation.
What is Collaboration of Care?
As the name implies, teamwork in health care employs the practices of collaboration and enhanced communication to expand the traditional roles of health workers and to make decisions as a unit that works toward a common goal. The Collaborative Care Model is systematic for our agency.
Our Collaboration of Care Services are provided in both the Hospice and Palliative program
- Reviewing all visit notes with Skilled Nursing facility staff to assure patients needs are being met collaboratively by the SNF, Hospice and primary physician.
- Regular interactions and updates with primary care physicians who share their patients with Apex.
- Understanding of the Post-Acute Network and Bundle Payment Models
- Assuring patients stay in place, assisting in the avoidance of readmissions through use of health tele-monitoring and reporting back to the physician and others involved in a patients care.
- Participation in interdisciplinary care plan meetings
- Integration into the team of all healthcare professionals who care for the same patient